>Yesterday I took a good look at the contents of our medicine cabinet. I found:
- Pepto-Bismal chewables (expired 2/07, although I swear I bought them in 4/07 for a trip to India...)
- Sudafed Sinus Headache (2 boxes, both expired 8/06)
- CVS cold & cough liquid gelcaps (expired 9/06)
- Sudafed Sinus Nighttime (expired 11/06)
- Chloraseptic (expired 9/07
- Maalox Anti-Gas (expired 11/02)
- Zantac 75 (expired 12/03)
- Immodium AD (expired 2/08 - not bad given the other expirations)
- NyQuil (2 bottles, both open, neither expired, although on Sunday I threw out a 3rd bottle that was also half used that expired in 2007)
- Vicks Formula 44 (not expired!)
- Sudafed Cold & Allergy (2 boxes, both open, neither expired)
I cannot believe that nearly every single box of OTC meds that we had in our medicine cabinet expired. This is only slightly less horrifying than the boxes of tea that I chucked on Monday. The Wild Berry Zinger expired in June 1997; I'd had it since college. The Cinnamon Apple expired in December 1998. The Iced Tea expired in December 1999.
I sort of wish I kept the Wild Berry Zinger as a relic. Ah, nostalgia.